As a business owner and now owning a WordPress website, there are many things that you add on to your knowledge each day. Many who have been posting blog posts consistently are becoming more familiar with the usage of the posts menu on their blog.
Some hardly use the pages menu. These are the static pages that include your sales pages, about page, info product pages or any services you are adding on as you progress with your business. One question we do receive quite often is how do you create or remove a drop down menu in WordPress?
There are many ways to create a drop down menu. Here we will show you the simplest without using plug-ins or coding.
Let’s say you have a page now called Essential Oils. You want to add Peppermint, Lavender, Thieves and Health Tips with Essential Oils into separate pages. That could be overwhelming for your blog if you give each of the pages a tab.
To avoid an overcrowded navigation bar, confusion and clutter, you can create a drop down menu.
For example, if you are creating a page for Peppermint and you want it under Essential Oils page, here are the steps:
1. Go to pages. Add new page. Create the Peppermint page.
2. On the right side of the page, under Page Attributes, under Parent, click on the drop down bar and look for Essential Oils. Select Essential Oils page.
3. Update your page.
4. Now view your site and as you hover over Essential Oil, you should see the Peppermint page under Essential Oils tab. The Essential Oils tab is the Parent and now Peppermint page is the child.
5. If you have more than one oil page, do the same thing as the Peppermint page.
If you need to change or remove a page from the Parent page, go to the page that needs changes and
1. Look for the Page Attributes on the right hand side of the page.
2. Under Parent, click on the drop down menu and select (no parent).
3. Update the page and now you will see that the Page is no longer listed under Essential Oil.
These are just simple ways to help you create, beautiful or organize your WordPress blog’s pages.
If the page you created is not showing on the navigation bar, click on All Pages on the left hand side of the page. Look for the page you created, in this case Peppermint. When you find the Peppermint page under title, check the little box next to Peppermint.
1. Hover your mouse over to the word Thesis on the left side of the same page
2. Select Site Options. It will bring you to Thesis Site Options Page where the huge green SAVE BUTTON is
3. Click on Pages right below the green SAVE BUTTON
4. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the word Pages
5. It will show you a list of pages you have created
6. Click on Peppermint
7. Click on the green SAVE BUTTON
8. Check out the site
9. That’s it
If you need support, back up plan or monthly WordPress maintenance, please check out our monthly plans. Let us take the worry off your website and make it work for you.