It’s Thursday and we were saddened to hear the news that Steven Covey had passed away. He is the author of one of the best selling books, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This book has sold over 20 million copies.
His words have helped countless business owners and individuals become better leaders and managers. His work has even helped families.
In honor of Stephen Covey and his works, today we will share with you some of his quotes to help inspire you over the next few days. These will help you if you are facing challenges or going to the next peak in life.
Stephen Covey Quotes
• We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
• We think we see the world as it is, when in fact we see the world as we are.
• Each of us is born with the gift of self-awareness. We can stand apart from our paradigms, we can examine them, and we can change them if necessary.
• Your life is a result of your own decisions- not your conditions.
• It’s not what people do that hurts us, it’s our chosen response to what they do that hurts us.
• See every problem as an opportunity to exercise creative energy.
• Always start every endeavor with a clear sense of purpose.
• Efficiency with people is ineffective. With people, fast is slow and slow is fast.
• It doesn’t really matter how fast you’re going if you’re heading in the wrong direction.
• Plan your week, each week, before the week begins.
• Organizing your life around the many roles you play will help you maintain balance and focus on your key relationships rather than focusing on tasks and things.
• You can’t talk yourself out of the problems you behave yourself into.
• Empathy is the fastest form of human communication.
Let us know which quote is your favorite by leaving a comment below.
Photo credit: amazon.com
3 thoughts on “StarrHost Honoring Stephen Covey”
It’s hard to pick my favorite quote maybe a tie between
Plan your week every week before the week begins
Always start every endeavor with a clear sense of purpose.
I try to exercise creative energy—and empathy is what seems to be lacking in the generation coming up. I pray they grow out of that
your life is the result of your decisions…..not your conditions
I will be thinking about this a long time. I know it is going to be a blessing