Summer is here. Most families are taking time off to travel or enjoy the great outdoors. Summer also means re-runs on TV and less time in front of the TV. However when it seems like the rest of the world is taking a break, it may be a good time to do a summer website clean up and check up to ensure your online tools are ready for the next wave of profits.
Here is a ‘clean up and check up’ to do list for your online business:
1. Go through all internal and external links on your blog posts, pages and widgets. Make sure all the links are working. If they aren’t, either update or delete them.
2. Check the navigation bar. You may need to delete some of the tabs or move them around.
3. Check that all the widgets are working and are relevant to your business.
4. Delete inactive plug ins.
5. Add new recommended plug ins for your website.
6. Delete old pages. You may want to consider adding new sales pages to your website.
7. Freshen up your profile photos on your website, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
8. Check your autoresponder emails. Make sure all the links are working. You may need to update your autoresponder emails because your business has changed or you have new updates.
9. Update all plug ins.
10. Make sure your website is backed up.
11. Do your own or get professional help to check your website security.
12. Review and make sure your opt-in offers are working.
13. Check that all BUY NOW buttons are working.
14. Clean all spam in your website.
15. Delete all trash and spam permanently from your website.
16. Clean out drafts for blog posts and pages you are not using.
17. Check and update your profiles, links and about pages on your website and social media platforms.
For recommendations or help with your website’s needs, please do not hesitate to contact us.